Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm thankful for.....

I have seen several of my friend posting on Facebook what they are thankful for this month.  So I thought I would do the same. 

I am thankful for Joseph Lee Malone.

Today (and everyday) I am thankful to have been blessed with my beautiful son, Joseph.  There are many people in this world who struggle with infertility and I am very fortunate to not be among those people.  Infertility has always been a scary thing for me.  I have seen my sister-in-law struggle through it and one of my good friends.  In the end they have both been blessed with beautiful children.    Jojo is a miracle like all babies.  I am so thankful he is mine.

The day I found out I was pregnant was a shock to say the least.  I had so many emotions.  Fear, happiness, shock and even sadness.  I'm sure that sounds odd.  First I was fearful.  What I am going to do, how are we going to afford this, was this the right time (is there ever)?  Happiness because I always had the fear of not being able to carry a baby or get pregnant.  Shock because it had finally happened and finally sadness because there are so many people that would love to have kids and can't or have to struggle. 

After all those emotions happiness stuck with me.  I had always hoped for a little girl but to be honest something told me we would be having a little boy.  Jason said all along we were too.  Lo and behold he was right.  I love him dearly.  Thank heaven for little boys!

When I first held Jojo it was love at first sight.  He was so tiny.  It was surreal that he was mine all mine.  I look forward to each day with him and the rest of my life.  I hope I can be the best mother to him.  My world revolves around my little buddy.  I can not imagine my life without him.  Seeing him smile when I pick him up from daycare, his little laugh,  his massive hair, cute hands, feet, and face, and everything else about him is what I am grateful for.  I am so grateful to be his mom.  Thank you Lord for the greatest blessing in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment