Thursday, December 9, 2010

28 weeks

Yet another week has come and gone.  It's so hard to believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone.  It has definately not been what I expected, but in a good way.  I am still barely showing although you can tell more and more especially with different things I wear.  

So far this week has started off as a busy week.  Turning 28 weeks yesterday I had to get my rhoGam shot.  Overall it wasn't too bad just a long process.  I arrived at the hospital at 8am and needed to preregister as an outpatient.  I waited my turn and when I was called back they told me they needed and authorization code for the shot to be given.  They can not obtain it so they had to call the doc's office and have them get the code and then call back. After and hour and a half I was on my way up to the lab.  Upon arriving I needed to wait my turn again.  No big deal.   There was one tech and one supervisor.  I beleive the tech to be new because the supervisor yelled at her 3 times before I went back.  I was a little nervous about that.  I have a pretty good vein in my left arm that everyone uses.  Not this girl, instead she went for a vein in my forearm.  Weird I thought and of course now I have a nice bruise from her as well.  After getting finished they explained that it would take 3 hours for the blood work to be processed, I could leave and come back for the shot later or come back the next day.  I choose to go back in 3 hrs.  Off to work finally.  Once I got back to the hospital the supervisor had told me to come back there and then they would take me to the next place.  Went to second floor and met a lady that checked my wristband and name and she then went to get my shot.  She wasn't the one to give it to me.  After she handed me the bag she took me in a maze to where I would recieve my shot.  Was there about half hour and I was finally done.  It was such a process.  It had to be done but I was tired from all the waiting and running back and forth.  So rhoGam is complete.  Thank goodness.  We are still undecided on a name.  Jason is NOT much help in this department.  Stay turned I may post another name poll.  My front runner of Caleb has been vetoed. 

Today I had my doctor appointment, another waiting game.  Got there about 10 mintues early and wasn't seen til 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time.  I don't mind waiting if there is a legitamit reason but when I can hear you BSing with other docs and nurses this doesnt qualify.  After finally getting seen which take all of about 5-10 minutes.  All is well Baby M is still going strong.  Heartbeat was 154-156.  He as really been kicking me the last 2 days and heartburn is a killer.  It will all be worth it when he is here with us, which won't be too much longer. 

Baby M's lungs are able to breathe air, so if he were to be born he might need too much medical help to breathe.  The major job baby has to complete is the finishing touches on the major organs systems, such as his brain, lungs, and liver.  Up until now brain appeared smooth, now the brain is becoming more mature and forming grooves that we associate with the human brain.Eyes are capable of opening this week as well.  They were covered by eyelid folds.  Baby M is about the size of a bag of flour and weighs approximately 2.2 lbs.

Hopefully the rest of the week settles down.  We have Jason's Christmas party tomorrow night.  I am hoping for a peaceful week and no bad weather that they are calling for.  

Til next week-
Love to all-
Jina and Baby M

No comments:

Post a Comment