Wednesday, February 16, 2011

38 WEEKS!

D day is getting closer and closer.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  I hope I can be a good mom and don't screw the poor kid up. 

Not much new on the development front.  Joseph could be up to 20" long and approximately 7 pounds at this stage of the game, he may continue to gain about an ounce a day.  His organs are mature and he is ready for the outside world.  The circumference of his head and abdomen are about the same size.  The skull is not fully solid.  It is made up of 5 plates that allow for hopefully an easy delivery. 

Update from the doc.  Still measuring on target.  Joseph's heart rate was good.  I am 1.5cm dilated and 75% effaced.  I asked what she thought about having him early and she said she doubts that happens.  But who knows at this stage of the game, baby is in control.  My bp was good and my total weight gain for the pregnancy is at 18 pounds.  Still feeling pretty good.  Next appointment is Friday the 25th. 

I will leave you with a pic of me at 38weeks.  Not the best picture but that's all I have to work with. 

Hope everyone has a great week!  Til next week-

Love to all- Jina and Baby Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment