Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome Joseph Lee Malone!

As most of my readers know Joseph Lee was welcomed into this world a week ago today.  What a joy it is to be a parent.  I never knew how blessed one person could be.  Now I do.  I love my lil Jojo with all my heart.  

Here is Joseph's birth story.  

I started contracting about 3 am on Sunday February 27.  They were pretty regular the whole time.  They started out between 7-8 minutes apart. They continued like this for hours.  I also was nauseated and vomited.  Not my idea of fun.  I called the doctor and he said to continue to monitor the contractions and call back when they were 5 minutes apart.  So that is what we did.  I tried to stay up and walk around.  Once they reached 5 minutes apart I called the doctor back and this time was told they needed to be that way for 2 hours straight.  Not what I wanted to hear.  I wanted to get this show on the road.  SO again we continued to track.  I would get close to 2 hrs. of 5min apart and they would slow a bit.  If i sat or laid down this affected them too.  So once again I paced around the house.  Not the most fun thing to do.  The contractions started to be more regular.  I decided to take a hot shower.  Later to find out that was a big mistake.  Finally at about 445 I called the doctor and she said to head into the hospital.  I will say those contractions are a bit uncomfortable.  We arrived at the hospital about 530.  I had to fill out some paperwork before being taken back.  Once I was monitored and checked I was taken to a labor and delivery room.  I asked for my epidural.  Not wanting to take the chance of not getting it.  I was 5 cm dilated.  Woo Hoo!  Doctor Jones would have to come in and break my water.  The babies heart rate was tachy.  That scared me and they asked if I had taken a hot shower before coming in.  Yep I sure had.  So they had to position me different ways and they got his heart rate stabilized.  Epidural was nothing to it.  After I got it was just a waiting game.  Once my water was broken they then started me on potocin.  This was about 9pm.  Doctor kept a check on me and the nurse kept a close eye on the baby.  At midnight still no baby.  I was beginning to wonder if he really wanted to make a debut.  The next time Doctor Jones came in was when she gave me the bad news.  I had to have a csection.  I was so upset.  But Joseph wasn't making his way out like he should, my cervix hadn't fully dilated, and he was face up.  So it was off to have a csection.  The room was cold and sterile.  I was numbed form the waist down and couldn't feel a thing.  Jason had to wait to come in with me. I was scared.  Finally Jason was back with me and they begin.  That was the longest wait of my life to hear my little boy cry.  But when he did I cried tears of joy.  What a prefect little boy.  Jason was so proud of him.  All that was left was for them to finish me up and then on to recovery.  Recovery was a bit of a blur to me.  Jason had Jojo and I was laying there shivering.  Jojo had to go to the nursery for his bath and Jason went with him.  I was taken to my mother baby room.  Shortly after arriving in my room Jason and Jojo joined me.  Our family together at last.

Joseph Lee Malone was born at 2:50 am weighing 8 lbs 3oz and 20.5" long and a full head of dark hair.

I was very blessed with a healthy pregnancy and not a very bad labor and delivery.  I had the best doctors and nurses taking care of me.  I am very grateful.  

Here are just a few pics of baby Jojo when he was born.  Stayed tuned as I continue to document his life.

1 comment:

  1. So much hair! Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you are recovering and adjusting well.